Hi Beauties, today I will be reviewing one of my favourite brands Tarte Cosmetics. I ordered the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II and decided to get an extra one to do a giveaway with. I just have to share the love.
The eye shadow is in a circular container has a purple and blue coral reef design with the rim and underside being luxurious gold packaging. Inside is a full-sized mirror and with the packaging is very sturdy.
The palette has cool-toned shades with a mixture of luster and mattes shadows. It is a crease-free eye shadow with a creamy powder formula. It is described on the Tarte website as a soft hybrid formula which is part powder infused with oxygenated light-reflecting spheres for a plump, smooth texture & seamless that does not dry or flakes.
- Conch (off white) Matte
- Sunset (yellow gold) Luster
- Marina (caramel) Matte
- Seaside (chestnut) Matte
- Siren (dark brown) Matte
- Breezy (shimmering slate) Luster
- Riptide (steel blue) Luster
- Pearl (white shimmer) Luster
The eye shadow applies well with both my fingertips and brush and performs well with or without eye shadow primer.
- “Rainforest of the Sea“ has a complex of proprietary blends of algae and marine flower extracts, this helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening the skins
- Coconut deliver intense moisture and has antibacterial and conditioning properties
- Vitamin E which has a natural preservative that acts as an emollient and antioxidant
- Mineral pigments that soothe and softens the skin
- mineral oil
- phthalates (Used as solvents in cosmetics)
- sodium lauryl sulfates (A good cleaning product, but can be skin irritant)
This is a beautiful palette for everyday use to create natural eye look. Although conch do not show up on the swatches it is a perfect colour to set my eye with.
The Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Palette currently on sale and sells for $27 USD (R410) on the Tarte Cosmetic Website plus shipping (Free shipping applies on International orders over $80) Excluding customs. If you do not want to import you can purchase locally from MuseBeauty for R899
Now for the fun part, 1 lucky reader will win this palette
- Giveaway open to South African residents only.
- Giveaway will run from 18 November 2017 to 2 December 2017.
- Winner will have 2 days to claim the price after which a new winner will be chosen.
- Winner will be announced on all Ilonique Social Media Platforms.
- Prize is not sponsored by Tarte Cosmetics.
- Un-followers will be disqualified from future giveaways
- Please allow 2 – 3 weeks for the delivery of your prize.
Good luck beauties!